Ikebana International Headquarters issues a quarterly magazine to II members with full status. This artistic magazine is filled with photography capturing the many ikebana schools and articles regarding Japanese arts and culture.
New to Houston? Ikebana International is a great club to make new friends. Many members have been or are expats. This club is truly worldwide with over 265 chapters. Full Membership allows you to join other II clubs in other cities or countries in case you move or are travelling. Refreshments are served at 10 AM with the program starting at 10:30. Programs last no more than 1 hour. Come join us.
At Ikebana International, Houston Chapter #12, our mission is to promote the study of Ikebana and related Japanese arts and culture. The club does this through public exhibitions and demonstrations. We strengthen relationships among masters, teachers, and students of Ikebana among all peoples following the club motto: Friendship Through Flowers. We meet on the first Tuesday of the month, September through May. There is no meeting in January. We collect new memberships in April before our summer break.
April/May is when the club accepts Full Membership applications. We accept Associates all year long. Print off the membership form, mail it in, and join us. Thank you.
Associate Membership - $35
- Symposia at reduced costs
- Invitations to our Monthly Chapter Programs/Meetings
Full Membership - $75 Accepted only in April and May
- Annual Subscription to the quarterly Ikebana International Magazine
- Regional Conferences and World Convention Invitations which are held every 5 years
- Symposia: study ikebana under the direction of a Master Instructor at reduced cost
- Monthly Chapter Programs/Meetings which provide regular forums for members to study, exhibit, and participate in demonstrations
- An open invitation to visit the other 265 chapters worldwide when travelling.